MILPITAS, CA – (November 30, 2011) – Extron, Knurr’s only authorized manufacturer and distributor for all mobile carts, technical furniture and enclosure products in North America, today announced its participation in the 2011 BIOMEDevice Exposition and Conference to be held on December 6-7 at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, CA (booth #1327).
The BIOMEDevice show brings together innovators and key industry leaders to share in-depth knowledge on topics critical to the next-generation of healthcare devices. With more than 350 leading OEM suppliers, the show will focus on the product design and development process for medical devices.
Extron-Knurr’s products are used by a wide variety of medical OEMs to provide medical professionals with highly functional and ergonomic mobile workstations to support their requirements. At the event, Extron-Knurr will exhibit some of the industry’s most innovative mobile carriers. The Extron-Knurr line of products for the medical industry includes:
- Dacomobil carts, used to transport equipment in medical facilities. It also offers a unique option of mounting a 19" cabinet on the mobile cart.
- Synergy products, offering state-of-the-art trolleys for all applications
- Metromobil carts, with steel plate construction and components for varied applications such as incoming goods, PC’s, and printer stations. Its ESD version is in high demand in electronics and the medical industry
- Servomobil trolleys, for storage in medical facilities and laboratories
- Customizable carts, built to meet any customers-specific need
Of special note, at the show, Extron-Knurr CEO Sandeep Duggal has been invited to make a presentation on New Paradigms in Supply Chain Design, focusing on ways the medical device industry can reduce supply chain costs, increase manufacturing flexibility, and reduce the risk of intellectual property leakage stemming from overseas production. The presentation will be held from 10:30 am – 10:55 pm PDT on Tuesday, December 6, at booth #801.
Knurr is one of the world’s leading providers of enclosures for electronics, mobile equipment carriers and technical furniture. The portfolio includes custom enclosures, mobile equipment carriers and carts, outdoor cabinets, control room consoles and technical furniture.
Extron is the authorized manufacturer and distributor for all Knurr products in North America, combining German engineering with American manufacturing. Based in Silicon Valley, California, Extron’s next-generation supply chain solutions improve operational performance and flexibility, and reduce supply chain cost, IP leakage, and supply risk.